Friday, October 27, 2006

Last Stringer is on


On advice from the designer, I ripped the bottom stringer into two square prisms to make the twist easier to accomplish. From the transom to the first bulkhead, the stringers went on very easily, then despite my best efforts, I coudn't make them twist to reach the stem to sit flat. So, I again beveled the woods to sit flat and glued them home. I then went back and glued strips of wood over the stringers at the bow with the idea of planing them back to vertical faces. I wonder if I had ripped the stringers vertically if they would have twisted easier. Oh well, done. After taking away some of the external supports and sweeping up, I took some pictures. I have fallen in love with the shape of the boat. I love the transom and the hull lines radiating from it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home