Thursday, November 02, 2006

Second Plank



I thought installing the second plank was going to be very easy. The marking the plywood turned out to be a challenge. I know how important it is for the bottom edge to be a nice regular line, so I decided to use the top edge of the stringer to mark the plank. That would be the stringer that the bottom edge will be attached to, so why not follow the contour? But the angle of the two planks meeting changes as I got closer to the bow of the boat. So, I had a terrible time deciding where to make the bottom edge of that second plank. Took me three attempts, but finally I have my nice line and the boat now has the second planks on too. The weather has warmed up enough that the epoxy will set overnight without extra heat. No matter as the next phase is inside the boat where the benches get installed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home