Thursday, November 09, 2006

Third Plank



This morning I finished cutting out the third planks and made sure the bottom edges were fairly regular. Another couple of hours and the planks were glued in place with about a quarter pound of stainless screws! I then glued the frames to the new planks. About this time, my buddy Miles appeared to paint the insides of the buoyancy tanks. I am now free to work on the steering system and the holders for the masts.
I think I am losing energy, so will spend less time on the project for the next few weeks and see if my interest picks up again. I do not have any idea of how many hours I have put into this boat so far. I started early October and put in at least five hours a day - I guess that would be about 160 hours. One of the best parts of the project is to dream up solutions for some of the situations that the designer didn't explain, or problems that I have created by not following the plans exactly from the beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home