Saturday, November 11, 2006

Remembrance Day

Today was a "Round Tuit" day. I did all those little jobs that I have been putting off to a day when I have the time. Nothing to take a picture of, but I cut a bunch of strips of wood to be laminated up to make the dagger board, another set of strips to make up the boomkin and a few chunks of maple to make the steps for the main and mizzen masts. I also put the first coat of oil-based paint in the buoyancy tanks and made up a flat panel that fits in a rear buoyancy compartment. Hard to describe, so come back in a day or two and there will be a picture. I have resigned myself to the fact that the outside of the hull will have a coat of epoxy as the barrier coat. There will be a lot of epoxy filler over the counter-sunk screws, the high abrasion areas and trying to hide my errors, so I may as well continue with the epoxy and coat the entire hull. Reminds me that I sanded the transom today too, ready for a coat of clear epoxy tomorrow. Seems the project used to be one step at a time, but now there are many branches that are calling out for me. I am afraid I may make progress in one area that will compromise another. Have to keep coming back to the instructions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home