Sunday, November 12, 2006

Handsome Transom



Today, I thought I had better get some epoxy on the transom as tomorrow or the next day, the hardware for the rudder will arrive and want a finished transom to attach to. I mixed up the epoxy then applied it with a brush, only to find it turned to thick honey consistency! The more I worked it to thin it out, the milkier it got too. I finally left it alone, thinking my plans for a clear-finished transom were not going to happen. Awhile later, I thought I may as well add some heat to see if it could be saved. So, the picture on the bottom is under the heat lamp and the epoxy looks creamy. Later in the morning, I took the top picture and voila, it had turned clear with the heat. Not smooth, by any means, but at least clear. I can sand the epoxy then bring out the shine again with varnish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home