Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Back to warm weather



Last week. I thought I was ready to apply the fiberglass cloth to the bottom of the boat, but it was just too cold and promises to stay that way for quite awhile. I returned the boat to its upright position and have gone back to work on fittings rather than filling holes with epoxy. Felt so good to be making progress that felt like progress. I will continue to putter away on the boat and may get the decking on before it goes upside down again. That may make it more difficult to invert as it will have to sit on a curved deck. Hmmmm
In any case, I have the back compartment all painted and the rudder fittings are in place. I now have started making the upper watertight compartments in the stern area. Hard to explain, so I shall refer back to the pictures at the top. The rudder lines run through the center 'box'. The compartments on each side of the rudder line tunnel will be storage at the front and buoyancy at the rear. Cool eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home