Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Big Weather Day

Huge storm today! High winds and buckets of rain. I couldn't pull the boat any further into the carport to protect it either. I was late getting to work but managed to get a few things done. I put a coat of paint in the buoyancy tanks at the front and rear of the boat. Two more coats and they are ready to seal in too! The rear tank is waiting for the arrival of the rudder hardware, so by the time the painting is ready to cover over, the fittings for the rudder will be here and installed too.
I epoxied and nailed down the bench tops at the sides of the boat. Making sure the joints were very well sealed as those cavities make flotation tanks. Seeing as I had the epoxy mixed, I glued and screwed the mast step that was pictured a day or so ago. Enough epoxy left over to put together the boomkin brace on the underside of the queen plank. The combination of fading light and epoxied smeared hands encouraged me to wait until tomorrow to take any new pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home