Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Turtled

The boat had gone about as far as it could without turning upside down for the hole filling exercises on the outside of the hull. I have done the turn-over with the help of a couple of slings hanging from the car-port rafters. It was easy to lift up one end of the boat then tighten the sling below it. Once the boat was hanging in the slings, it was even easier to rotate it one-eighty. Sat it back down on the frame. I think the hole filling is tedious work and hardly worthy of pictures. Besides that, there are some gaps and weird cuts that I will not show until they are covered over and all can be amazed at my workmanship! While the boat is upside down, I shall attach the skeg . cover the bottom of the hull with fiberglas cloth in epoxy, pretty it all up then paint it! Lots of opportunities for pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home